Sunday, August 18, 2013

Count Drag-U-La

As I was finishing up with the shoot "Silence Must Be Heard",
taking off the make up and removing my corset, I got this brilliant
idea to use the corset as a head piece instead, and instantly
knew what my next photo shoot would be. 

A few days later I find the advert for 2013's Durban Fashion Fair
in the Grazia Magazine, and I shrieked! This is exactly what I had in
mind concerning the corset as a head piece!! I felt a strange combo
of tingling excitement & also somewhat of an envious sting that my
'idea' wasn't all that original to me anymore. But none the less, I soldiered
on and made the concept my own. 

I do plan on drawing more inspiration from the advert, and I've realized
it's normal, and possibly even healthy to feel envious when it comes
to my creativity as it stimulates new ideas & keeps me on my toes.

I am very proud of how it came out, so I give you 'Count Drag-U-La':












No comments:

Post a Comment